Gradually, over the years to come, IDSF evolves into a new organisation: the World DanceSport Federation (WDSF). The democratic and federalist structure of WDSF allows for the governance of the all-encompassing DanceSport. The WDSF statutes extend on the alliances and agreements between IDSF and the
- World Rock ‘n’ Roll Confederation (WRRC)
- International Dance Organisation (IDO)
- International Professional DanceSport Council (IPDSC)
- International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
- United Country Western Dance Council (UCWDC
The statutes are drafted to embrace all other organisations which regulate and promote DanceSport, and which concur with the objectives of the WDSF.
WDSF is established as the cohesive force between all stakeholders in sporting activities which involve dance. Through its statutes, WDSF sets out to:
- Govern DanceSport per established best practice standards and through proven procedures of IDSF, WRRC, IDO, IPDSC, IPC and others;
- Improve DanceSport through synergies resulting from the combined knowledge base and expertise of IDSF, WRRC, IDO, IPDSC, IPC and others;
- Promote DanceSport on the strength of a greater constituency, of a broader combined appeal, and of benefits arising from economy of scale;
- Generate goodwill for DanceSport within the Olympic and Paralympic Movement;
- Enhance the status of DanceSport in international sports.